Due to a steady increase in orders we are looking for a skilled Design/Project Manager to join our enthusiastic, fast paced project team in Leicester. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well established, UK business, with excellent future prospects.
Impact Air Systems are a dynamic sales and project management organisation for pneumatic material conveying, dust control and material separation solutions.
Project Department Manager
To manage projects, including completion of general arrangement and fabrication drawings, from receipt of order to commissioning, on time, within budget and to the customer’s and Impact’s satisfaction.
- Suitably qualified in Engineering - Minimum of HNC in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Steelwork fabrication background & experience would be beneficial
- Able to use Autocad (and Solidworks - preferred) to a proficient level - minimum of 2 years experience
- Good communication and customer relation skills (verbal, written and telephone) with staff, suppliers and customers
- Excellent organizational skills - able to prioritise tasks to ensure completion of projects within deadlines
- Flexibility to cater for changes to schedule
- Pride in work to ensure every project is completed to a satisfactory standard
- Proficient maths, science, and IT skills
- Product knowledge of air system components (fans, filter, ducting, etc)
- Able to understand air system design (beneficial)
- Good teamworking skills
- Efficient problem solving skills
- Confident decision-making ability
- Cost consciousness
- Understanding of the health & safety risks associated with each installation to enable the writing of risk assessments and method statements
- Able to use basic Microsoft applications
- Complete detailed site survey of existing sites
- Complete relevant general arrangement and fabrication drawings
- Design and detail layouts and components to a proficient level
- Check accuracy and quality of drawings
- Communicate with customer regarding project progress
- Identify and order relevant parts
- Liaise with suppliers regarding requirements, costs and performance
- Monitor costs to maximise gross profit on each contract
- Organise installation teams and ensure satisfactory performance on site
- Organise deliveries
- Complete contracts on time
- Resolve any problems during contract
- Organise commissioning of contract and completion of commissioning report
- Complete financial summary of project
- Hand project over to Impact Technical Services
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
You must have effective communication skills and be able to write clear and concise technical English.
Your profile should be complemented by a great work ethic, willingness to assume responsibility and respect for strict project deadlines and value engineering.
If you are interested in the role please send an email and CV to Vicky@impactairsystems.com.