The versatile air knife system is a valuable addition to any recycling process. Its main function is to remove low value fractions from the material stream. Typically installed at a conveyor junction, the Airknife consists of an input air volume channelled through an adjustable nozzle, working in conjunction with an extraction hood, all mounted inside a single enclosure.
The air knife is employed to remove light weight unpickable items such as paper, plastic and foil from the material stream. The input air creates a high velocity air stream of which the falling material has to travel through. The lighter material fractions are blown or separated from the falling material and are captured by the extraction hood and conveyed away. The heavier material is unaffected by the incoming air stream and falls through the air stream onto the conveyor below.
The Impact air knife solution can be adopted and applied to a wide variety of material streams including, domestic comingled recyclables and plasterboard recycling operations.
• Wide range of material applications
• Fully adjustable both via manual dampers and electronic fan speed controls
• Significant reduction in manual sorting labour requirements and costs
• Significantly improves the performance of downstream processes by removing unwanted contaminants
• Custom designed enclosures to suit a variety of Air knife locations
• High material throughput capabilities
• Low maintenance
• Quiet operation
• Used in conjunction with the Impact range of material separators and dust filtration
Plastic container and paper separation
Paper separated for recycling