To support the ever more demanding health & safety requirements and to minimise the effects of dust on production processes, Impact Air Systems are able to offer a wide range of dust control solutions to meet the vast range of applications faced in modern day production environments.
Impact offers a robust product range developed over many years, which allows us to confidently provide the most effective solution to best suit your requirements. Whether you require a simple supply and connect dust bagging unit or a custom designed and professionally installed dust filtration / air recycling system, we are able to help.
• Custom designed dust capture hoods/enclosures
• Range of different ductwork construction and designs to suit application
• Vast range of filtration technologies to suit all dust types
• Energy efficient centralised dust control systems
• Dampers to allow variations in fan speed and extraction efficiency
• ATEX rated components for use in potentially explosive atmospheres
• Fully certified and tested systems inline with LEV guidelines
• Fire/Explosion - Combustible dusts present an explosion hazard when suspended in certain conditions which can result in catastrophic damage.
• Occupational Health issues - Including an unpleasant working environment for staff, Bio-aerosols can cause respiratory allergies, infection and long term health problems such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulminary disease.
• Maintenance Issues - An excessive build up of dust can get into moving parts and create problems with the efficiency of operational equipment.
Our engineers are BOHS P601 and P602 qualified and work strictly to HSG258 and COSHH 2002 regulations. Our systems are designed to adhere to the ATEX 2014-34-EU European Directive and US standard NFPA 654, where applicable.
We have supplied and installed centralised dust control systems in a wide range of industries such as power stations, waste management sites, commercial printing, corrugated board manufacturers, furniture manufacturers, packaging and conversion facilities, foundries, textile manufacturers and many more.
Processing domestic waste material in a MRF can generate nuisance dust which can create an unpleasant working environment for employees, housekeeping issues and significant fire risks as airborne dust particles come to rest on plant equipment. Impact has vast experience of dust control solutions, enabling us to offer simple yet highly effective methods for capturing dust at source, at conveyor, discharge or transfer points. These dust control solutions can be integrated into your MRF using stand alone fully automatic filter systems or incorporated into other centralised pneumatic conveying systems. Go to Recycling - Dust Control Systems.
The reverse jet filter system offers an effective air cleaning system to remove dust particles from the conveying air stream to well below current COSHH levels. The system also offers significant energy savings, generated by recycling the heated air back into the production area (see product section for further details). Dust recovered by the reverse jet filter system is collected in a bin via a hopper and can be disposed of via a plastic sack.
Alternatively, Impact Air Systems also offer a dust briquette system which allows dust collected to be compacted into a small pellet or briquette. These units can be installed directly underneath the filter unit or via a simple dust conveying system to a remotely located briquetter unit.
In association with Impact's range of waste handling systems, dust filtration and air recycling completes the picture, ensuring an energy efficient system complying with even the most stringent environmental standards.
Impact Technical Services Impact Technical Services specialise in local exhaust ventilation (LEV) testing and fan services along with the maintenance and service of your operational equipment. Other services include: Air Quality Testing, Dust Sampling, Airflow Indicators, System maintenance, Spares & Parts etc.
Dust Control Solutions
A before and after overview of Impact's dust control solution in place at a security shredding facility in Manchester, UK.