The ADS is a specially adapted air knife separator unit working in conjunction with a rotating drum and is designed to separate a wide variety of materials based on density, shape and aerodynamic properties. Used for separating a mixed stream of material into heavy and light components, the Impact ADS it is best suited for the following applications:-
• C&D (construction & demolition)
• C&I (commercial & industrial)
• Compost refinement & wood waste
• WEEE (waste electronic & electronic equipment)
• MBT (mechanical biological treatment)
• RDF/SRF (residue derived fuel/solid residue fuel)
This is done using a forward upward facing air knife nozzle mounted at the end of a material in-feed conveyor. Mixed material falling from the in-feed conveyor has to then pass through this high velocity air stream and is therefore either carried over the drum or is unaffected and falls in front of the drum. The use of the drum is the latest development in material separation technology and utilises fluid dynamics principles to greatly improve the efficiency of the air stream once it has left the confines of the air nozzle, resulting in greatly improved separation.
Bulk Waste Separation - C&D
The Air Drum Separator successfully separates bulk materials to leave a more valuable product.
• Mechanical separation module for increased filtration life and reduced maintenance
• Robust, reliable construction
• Reduced footprint compared to competitors
• Ultimate flexibility and fine tuning of performance
• Diverse range of applications
• Improves the value of material
• Reduces landfill
• Separation of material based on density and shape
• Very high hourly throughput levels achievable
• Fully adjustable air flow controls via electronic fan speed controls
• Outstanding results to significantly improve the separation of the material stream
• Suitable for a wide range of material applications including WEEE, C&D, Glass & Fibre separation, MRF waste, ASR and many other
• Few wear items, low maintenance and highly reliable
• Available in three standard widths, 1000mm, 1500mm and 2000mm (other configurations available on request)
Click here to watch the Air Drum Separator in action at PVT Land Co. Hawaii separating construction and demolition materials to turn into renewable fuel.
MSW (Municipal Solid Waste or household waste) being separated by the Impact Air Drum Separator at a recycling facility in East Yorkshire.
Zigzag Classification Unit (ZCU)
See how our density separation system provides a more valuable product.
Material separation process:
1. Heavy material (green) falls before drum to conveyor one
2. Light material (yellow) travels over drum to conveyor two
3. Dust particles (red) travels over drum to filter