The Impact Zig-Zag separation system is a fully adjustable cascade cleaning solution, suitable for most recycling facilities, designed to efficiently remove lightweight debris from the material stream.
The Zig-Zag separation system can be installed at a conveyor junction and is typically applied to clean the unwanted paper shred and debris from the 0-50mm material stream. The contaminated material discharges the feed conveyor into a cascade enclosure where the material falls through an upwards travelling air stream.
Material is fed into the zigzag system via a variable speed rotary valve into an upward air stream. The falling material has to cascade over a series of zigzag baffles ensuring efficient removal of debris which is collected via a material separator for disposal. Variable air volumes and adjustment dampers also ensure minimal loss of valuable recyclable material to provide maximum flexibility and highly efficient cleaning of the material.
Available in a range of sizes to suit process and material throughputs.
Zig-Zag Separation System
The Zig-Zag separation system is a fully adjustable cascade cleaning solution, suitable for most recycling facilities, designed to efficiently remove lightweight debris from the material stream.
• Ideally suited to 5-60mm material fraction
• Dosing controlled via variable speed rotary valve
• Fully adjustable air flow controls both via manual dampers and electronic fan speed controls
• Outstanding results to significantly improve the cleanliness of material stream
• Minimal loss of valuable recyclable material during cleaning operation
• High material throughput capabilities
• Suitable for a wide range of material applications, such as rigid plastics / plastic containers recycling process
• Used in conjunction with the Impact range of material separators and dust filtration
Glass Cleaning System
Glass cleaning and separation system at Casepak MRF in Leicester
WEEE Waste Separation
Watch our Zigzag system separate WEEE waste for recycling at a Plastic Processors in Lincolnshire.