Impact Air Systems has been providing waste and trim collection systems since the early 1980’s, removing dry waste materials from production processes in a wide variety of industries, allowing maximum production output, using minimal labour, encouraging better recycling and additional revenue from waste material.
Typically, the systems collect and transport waste material, off cuts and production waste generated during production.
The Trim Extraction Process
Material is collected from the production processes via a hood and is transported in a high velocity air stream via a range of purpose designed ductwork. This ductwork is neatly integrated into the building and transports the waste material using fan technology to a central waste collection area ready for offsite disposal or transportation to a recycling facility. Material is usually collected in a compactor, horizontal baler or large mobile storage container.
Automatic recovery of waste and trim from production machines and process, significantly improve productivity, operate using less manual labour, improve the working environment, encourage better recycling of the waste material, and reduce H&S and fire risks.
Our solutions are custom engineered for your facility and incorporate a vast array of industrial sectors:
- Newspapers, magazines and commercially printed products
- Corrugated or carton board products and packaging
- Foil, film and flexible packaging
- Beverage can products
- Label and self-adhesive products
- Personal hygiene and healthcare products including toilet tissue and kitchen towel
- Carpet and textile products
- Automotive, E-commerce and third-party logistics packaging
- Improved productivity through reliable, automated scrap removal
- Improved energy efficiency by returning clean air back into your production environment
- Revenue from recycling waste
- Clean working environment
- Avoid costly shutdowns
- Reduced labour costs
“Resolving your issues with trim and off-cuts is our speciality. Our vast experience in this field allows us to provide you with the best solution that is efficient and will effectively keep you up and running, improving your productivity.”
Andrew Vicary BSc Hons
Impact’s Technical Sales Manager
Rigid Containers Ltd – Edge Trim and Dust Control Solutions
Impact installed edge trim extraction systems and dust control systems at the UK sites of corrugated packaging producer Rigid Containers – situated at Desborough, Wellington and Selby.
Leicester Paper Company (LPC) Roll Out Contract to Impact
LPC a Leicester based tissue producer, awarded Impact a substantial contract to install an automatic nubbins extraction system at their site in Mountsorrell.