Air Separator Assembly
The material separator's main function is to separate the waste material collected by the system from the conveying air stream. The separator assembly consists of a perforated screen plate, inclined downwards at an angle inside metal housing.
Air and material enter through an inlet in the housing at the top of the perforated screen plate and are accelerated downwards. An inlet aerofoil pre-set during commissioning, ensures the perforated screen is self cleaning and remains free from material to maintain reliable operation.
The conveying air passes through the screen plate and exits the separator through an outlet port either in the top or the back of the unit. Material travels down the full length of the screen plate and leaves the separator through an outlet in the bottom. The material then exits the separator unit under the action of gravity alone.
We offer a range of size and screen types to suit a vast range of material and applications (between 3,500 and 75,000 cubic metres per hour).
• Replaceable self cleaning separator screen
• Compact size
• High air handling capacity
• Puncture resistant screen plates
• Fully sealed, dust tight
• Adjustable regulating aerofoil
• Material discharge via a non leaking rotary valve
• Tolerant to variations in system air volume and pressure
• Material throughputs up to 25 tonnes per hour
• Gearbox adjustment of inlet aerofoil
• Available to suit a range of different materials
Rotary valves are a far more reliable method of forcing the conveying air stream through the separator’s perforated screen when dust filtration is required or a multi line conveying system is in operation.
These valves are slowly rotating six bladed star shaped valves, mounted on the material outlet of the separator unit. They have deep pockets, which fill with material from the separator and after 180 degrees of rotation empty the material pockets using the action of gravity alone.
The pockets seal against the valve casing as they rotate, forming a physical barrier through which air from the separator is unable to escape. Air, therefore, leaves the separator through the perforated screen plate.
• 6 bladed rotor construction for secure sealing
• Heavy duty wear resistant flexible rubber seal rotor tips for long life and low maintenance
• Chamfered lead into rotor casing for quiet operation
• Motor driven speed reduction gearbox for lower rotor speeds to reduce wear
• Heavy duty rotor construction for long life
• Available in a range of diameters and overall lengths
• Current overload protection system