The ADS is a specially adapted air knife separator unit working in conjunction with a rotating drum and is designed to separate a wide variety of materials based on density, shape and aerodynamic properties. Used for separating a mixed stream of material into heavy and light components.
This is done using a forward upward facing air knife nozzle mounted at the end of a material in-feed conveyor. Mixed material falling from the in-feed conveyor then passes through the high velocity air stream and is either carried over the drum or is unaffected and falls in front of the drum.
The use of the drum is the latest development in material separation technology and utilises fluid dynamics principles to greatly improve the efficiency of the air stream once it has left the confines of the air nozzle, resulting in greatly improved separation.
Advanced Separation Technology
- Separation of material based on density and shape
- Very high hourly throughput levels achievable
- Fully adjustable airflow controls via electronic fan speed controls
- Outstanding results to significantly improve the separation of the material stream
- Best suited for: C&D, C&I, WEEE, MBT, RDF/SRF, MSW, ASR and many more
- Few wear items, low maintenance and highly reliable
- Available in three standard widths, 900mm, 1500mm and 2000mm (other configurations available on request)
- Mechanical separation module for increased filtration life and reduced maintenance
- Robust, reliable construction
- Reduced footprint compared to competitors
- Ultimate flexibility and fine tuning of performance
- Diverse range of applications
- Improves the value of material
- Reduces landfill
Construction & Demolition (C&D) – PVT Landfill, Hawaii
Impact Air Systems were contracted to install an Air Drum Separator (ADS) at the PVT landfill site, Hawaii.
ASR Material Recovery | Windshifter/Air Drum Separator
MDJ Light Brothers Ltd of East Sussex recently contracted Impact Air Systems to install a metal recovery system at their End of Life Vehicle (ELV) recycling facility.
Skip Waste Material Recovery | Windsifter/Air Drum Separator
A skip waste disposal company, started the operation of a purpose-built bespoke SRF recycling plant during January 2019. The plant was designed to produce a high quality SRF fraction from C&I/skip waste input material.